Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Feeling Meh..about this one. Kwik Sew 3229.

Hey Y'all


I decided to sew up a pattern that I hadn't sewn before so I reached for OOP Kwik Sew 3229. It looked simple enough.. My plans were to narrow the legs quite a bit and maybe add elastic to make them joggers.. here's what happened.
Kwik Sew 3229 and a camouflage poly-cotton blend from Hancock's

I used the size XL. This pattern calls for a stretch fabric. I did not use a knit so I decided to use the largest size in the envelope. I narrowed each pant leg on inner and outer seam by 1 inch . That resulted in the pants still being fuller than I desired. I took off an additional 1/2 inch or so on each side but for some reason I only did this to front pant leg. So.. the back pant leg was much fuller than my front. But I think it would have been anyway minus my mix up with the adjustments cause it was like a major difference between the front and back pant legs. At this point I decided not to make them joggers and leave them as is.
I lengthened the bodice by three inches.
I swear the sun will just not cooperate with me. I squint in every single picture.

Instead of cutting the back on the fold I cut two pieces and added an exposed zipper
It looks like my right leg is off grain and the pattern is running upwards. Its not.. I had just adjusted the belt I had on and the waist was caught underneath the belt.






Per the pattern instructions the SA was to be 1/4. I used a 5/8 in the bodice area and about 1 1/2 in the seams of the pants to take away a bit more of the fullness. 
I opted not to do a fabric belt and used a 1 inch elastic instead of the 3/8 as instructed in the instructions. 

This was a $2.50 poly-cotton blend fabric and I initially was just using this as a muslin and although I don't love it, I decided to wear it out this day for lunch anyway. 

The bodice does have a front and back facing and I really liked that. So no bias binding or narrow hem at neck and arms. 
This wasn't a terrible pattern but its also not one Ill probably be running back to either. The wide legs are just too much for what I wanted in this particular jumper. 

   
This is me signing off! 

Talk to y'all later, 
 NaTisha   

3 comments:

  1. The jumpsuit looks great on you and love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Go!