Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I wore and Whats up Next: B5985

Hey Y'all
I must admit when I find a pattern that's pretty simple to put together, doesn't require a lot of pieces, time or fuss I seem to make it over and over and over again. If you get tons of compliments while wearing it that's always a plus!
One of those patterns for me is V1314. I absolutely love it. I've made this dress 3 times.

This one made in late 2013 and worn to my Company Xmas party in December 2013 and again to church this past Sunday. I LOVE ruching.

This one made in December of 2014 and worn out with the hubby for our Anniversary dinner

This one made in September 2013 worn to a friends "Fabulous and Forty" Party.
Can you tell I love this dress and cant make any promises that I wont make one in 2015..

NEXT UP!
In sticking with one of my 2015 Sewing goals to sew with more woven fabrics:
Currently on the cutting table is  Butterick 5985 View A. In a pretty blue shimmer cotton sateen


The model photo on the envelope is horrid( in my opinion), the line drawings are better but the lone 2 reviews I saw on PR gave me hope. Lets anticipate a success!

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have V1314 sitting in the shopping cart now. I agree the styling on B5985 is horrible. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it works, work it! You look great in all three versions.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Go!