Friday, April 29, 2016

A simple skirt. McCalls 3830

Hey Y'all!
So this skirt isn't really blog worthy.. Not much to talk about it. It's an easy make, has only 5 pattern pieces, is a great wardrobe builder for church, work if you have a professional dress code, or depending on the material you use could be a casual pencil skirt.

I used a woven peach skin type material that had a slight stretch to it.



Pattern Description:  Its a basic pencil skirt that comes in 5 lengths. Mccalls 3830

Pattern Sizing: I made this in a 14 and made very few alterations. The alterations I did make are to eliminate the vent ( i will not do that next time) It really affects the way the skirt sits on the backside. I also pegged the hem in 1 inch on each side.


Were the instructions easy to follow? This was a pretty simple skirt to make.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It has a facing but I will make a waistband next time. I think thats my preference on skirts.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is probably my 2nd or 3rd time making this skirt. I like it but probably need to look at other skirt patterns as well.




Thats it for now..
Talk with y'all soon..
NaTisha

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute skirt. I just received an animal print fabric the other day, and was thinking of making it into a pencil skirt myself. Great minds think alike,lol!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Go!