Monday, March 28, 2016

Floral jumpsuit McCalls 7099



Good Morning y'all

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Mine was lovely.. Church, a long nap, and I didn't have to cook. Score! To top it all off I wore this lovely floral outfit I whipped up over the weekend. I'm proud of this for 2 reasons...1. I think it's pretty cute and 2. I never sew a garment so quickly. I'm the sloooowest sewer ever no matter how easy the pattern is. Maybe 30 minutes here, 30 minutes next week, 30 minutes next month.. lol j/k but seriously I take forever to complete a garment.

Anyway, here it is  Mc Calls 7099 . After I finished I tried it on and thought, this looks like pjs, and it was way too busy. I wanted to break it up with a white blazer but of course none of the 3 RTW white blazers I own looked good with it. Once I threw on my yellow shoes and found a yellow belt that matched exactly I decided to go with it.


One thing I learned about this material is not all knits are the same. I've made this pattern before with a jersey knit and liked the fit much better. I still need to do some tweaking to my pattern for a better fit.
I don't like how the neck gapes open and the weird pull lines on the right side (my left side when wearing)

Pattern Description: Loose-fitting romper and jumpsuits have raised neckline, mock wrap, gathered, blouson bodice, front band extending to back neckline, elasticized waist, and side pockets. B, C and D: tapered.

Pattern Sizing: I made a 14 in View D

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were not difficult to follow. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that there were only 7 pattern pieces.  I'm a fan of easy.

Fabric Used: I used a floral Poly/spandex blend (95% polyester) (5% Spandex)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The neck band on the pattern has a  dip or "v"in the center back. I'm not a fan of this so I eliminated that design element and did a regular neckband all around.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I'm pretty sure I will, but I have a couple other jumpers lined up first. The next one already cut out and ready to go is McCalls 7203 

Conclusion: I really like this one. I could make it over and over again. I'm pretty sure jumpsuits and maxi skirts are my new wardrobe stable for the spring.

The Cost: Fabric regularly 14.99, I used a 50% off coupon so paid less that 22.50 for jumper
I apologize for the bad shadowy photos..



Whats your favorite jumpsuit pattern right now?
That's it for now. Talk to y'all later..





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Go!